Bizarre Eats N’ Feasts

Durian Mooncake – Stinky But Delicious

Super stinky Durian fruit, is so odorous, it’s enough to shut down a whole school, when mistaken for a stink bomb.  It’s surprising this tropical fruit tastes wonders, as fruit shakes, ice cream, creamy candy, and creamy bubble tea, (for those…

Share!

Super Crunchy Herb Polenta Fries

I discovered Polenta Fries, a delicious treat, that can be baked instead of fried. Extra crispy on the outside, and a variation of creamy on the inside, these yummy polenta fries can be made completely from scratch vegan or vegetarian…

Share!

Spicy Vegan Bean Tacos

Vegan Bean Tacos

I’m a dairy/meat eater, and not a bean fan, but surprisingly, this vegan bean tacos my friend made me, was actually really tasty.

Share!

The Wolves In the Casino

Wolf at the Mohegan Sun Casino
For those of you who have been to Mohegan Sun Casino there are wolves there!
Ok not real wolves, but they look very realistic. They are found at various parts of the casino, stand up there on the casino mountains moving their heads, and I think their mouths. I don’t recall if they howl, I thought they did.
Share!

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Swirl Cookies

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Swirl Cookies
Years ago, it was my first time seeing raspberry swirl chocolate chips. They were on sale, so I grabbed some. I made Raspberry Chocolate Chip Swirl Cookies as one of many different experiments with it.
It was one of the tastiest cookies and chocolate chips ever. It has a truffle raspberry sweet chocolatey taste to it. I don’t know if they still sell it anymore but it was sooo good and I recommend grabbing some if you do. Enjoy the recipe!
Share!

Tomato Basil Mexican Cheese Tortilla Crisp Pizza

Tomato Basil Mexican Cheese Tortilla Crisp Pizza
Awhile ago, I had another weird “bizarre foods” experiment and came up with a tasty recipe of Tomato Basil Mexican Cheese Tortilla Crisp Pizza. Basically, it’s a personal sized “thin crust pizza” in which the crust is a really a flat, unwrapped, baked tortilla wrap. Check out the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Share!

Asiago Cheese Chipotle Ranch Smoked Ham and Cheese Sandwich

Asiago Cheese Chipotle Ranch Smoked Ham Sandwich
Nothing like a summer sandwich. Not too bizarre of a food experiment but the Asiago Cheese bread along with the Chipotle Ranch dressing gave it of a spike against the taste buds with a very distinct taste. Enjoy this recipe!
Share!

Cocoa Chocolate and “Vanilla” Rice Krispies Treats

Chocolate and 'Vanilla' Rice Krispies Treats
The “healthier” reduced fat version that tastes just as good.
I had a craving for rice krispies treats and had some cocoa rice krispies and regular rice krispies so I decided to make my first rice krispies experiment that looks like chocolate and vanilla rice krispies heaven. Not exactly a bizarre food, but bizarre because it’s different. Enjoy my recipe (my coworkers absolutely did)!
Share!

Triple Decker Over Easy Egg 3-Cheese Bread Sandwich

Triple Decker Over Easy Egg 3-Cheese Sandwich
Ok that was a long title.
I love over easy eggs and typically eat it by dipping toasted/baked sandwich in partially cooked creamy egg yolk. It is full of omega-3′s along and even more with Canola oil. I had first started making an over easy bagel egg sandwich and ended up making it a trend for my sandwiches. When I bite into it, it oozes a creamy yolk, onto the plate, to dip the sandwich as well. This time I thought to make a Triple Decker Over Easy egg sandwich with 3 cheese bread slices instead. Enjoy my recipe!
Share!

15% Maple Syrup

15% Real Maple Syrup
Back in my college years, when I had a meal plan and access to several dining hall options, we were given some very interesting options for food including 15% maple syrup. Makes me wonder what the other 85% of the syrup is made out of.
Share!